Enhance your Personal Presence and Professional Influence – Who you show up as each and everyday matters. Do people see you as an expert or as a leader? During this training you will learn how you can start showing up as the best version of yourself and as a powerful leader that can successfully guide and influence others. You will learn how to present yourself confidently in any situation by providing value and by being of service with your gifts. You will learn where your area of expertise lies and what you are the “go to” expert for. You will create your own personal power brand on and offline. We will teach you how to up-level your LinkedIn Profile, so that it represents you powerfully and allows you to shine as a leader and expert in your industry.
1. Essence of Presence – The Essence of Presence is doing something for yourself that also benefits your community or the world. Learning to believe in yourself and your abilities. Feeling fulfilled simply by doing; put service ahead of ego. Becoming what you bring to the world in every aspect of your life. If you pile up all of your experiences (make a list), you will begin to recognize where you shine, where you belong, where you love to lead, and where you want to help others become like you and achieve An Essence of Presence. In this lesson, you will learn why presence is important in the workplace and in relationships and learn personal and group meditation techniques to help you get into the present moment.
2. Develop Presence – Executive presence is very much about how you control a room, how you make impressions, and how you affect the people around you. It is the way you communicate verbally as well as through your appearance and physicality. It’s not just about how you look, but also about how you communicate with people and convey your intentions. In this lesson you will learn key tips on how to develop your presence helping you to come across more capable, professional, and confident.
3. Online Presence – Having a powerful online presence is necessary in this day and age to be considered professional. Online presence or Web presence is the collective existence online of a company or individual. In this lesson, we explore the importance of online presence, ways to improve yours. We will also cover how to establish your own personal brand, so you can stand out in the professional world and further your career.
4. LinkedIn Makeover – LinkedIn has catapulted into the social media world as an essential means of effective professional networking over the last ten years. It is critical for a professional to maintain a strong online presence and brand. In this course you will learn how to use LinkedIn to brand yourself, 5 keys to building a rocking LI profile and 5 examples of great LI profiles.
5. Workplace Presence – Being more professional and being seen as more professional will definitely benefit your career and position with your organization. It will set you apart from others marking you as a leader. It will help you to develop the confidence you need to achieve results and build a widely respected image. To enhance your professional presence in the workplace starting now, there are some very basic things you can do. In this lesson, we will cover how to make a shift of personal presence in your organization and ways to increase presence in the workplace.
6. Professional Courage – Professional courage is a skill that is often overlooked, but it is essential for career advancement, happiness, and fulfillment. It is a fundamental component of leadership, whether you are in a formal leadership role or not, and it is critical to your professional and personal development. In this course, you will discover the science and nature of courage, the benefits of being courageous as well as, types of courage and how to apply them into your career.
7. Professional Appearance – Gaining respect in the workplace requires proper grooming and a professional appearance. The way you look and carry yourself makes an impression on the people with whom you work. Professional image is the image that a person projects about themselves based on their appearance and reputation. Professionalism can be conveyed through how you dress, how you speak, how you respond to others, and how others speak about you. It also can help in making a good first impression. In this lesson, we will share some great ideas for achieving a great workplace appearance.
8. Professional Values – Professional values are the core values and ethics that you adopt and showcase at work. These characteristics include skills, behaviors, and actions that many employers seek and desire in their employees. There are several professional values that must be demonstrated on the job. During this course, you will learn exactly what professional values are and what workplace values to adopt to further develop your role as a leader.
9. What’s Influence – In today’s workplace, developing personal effectiveness and influencing skills is critical as organizational hierarchies and layers diminish. Only through, with, and from others can success and outcomes be achieved. Influencing without formal authority is a necessary skill, and we cannot do so without confidence, clarity of purpose, and the ability to fully express ourselves. And, as leaders, we must draw on who we are as well as what we do to inspire and engage our followers. True influence is based on an emotional relationship. In this course, we will dive deep in influencing skills, influence styles and share examples of powerful influencers of our time.
10. Social Influence – Psychologists have spent decades researching the power of social influence and how it influences people’s opinions and behavior. Social influence, in particular, refers to how individuals change their ideas and actions to meet the demands of a social group, perceived authority, social role, or a minority within a group wielding influence over the majority. In this course, we will discover the difference between informative and normative social influence and the 5 most common social influence examples and how they impact us daily.
11. Grow Influence – One of the most important skills for leaders at all levels is the ability to influence others. It’s more art than science, and it can be difficult to grasp. However, the bottom line is that influence is important. And it will become more important as we continue to morph (at breakneck speed) into an interconnected, interdependent, increasingly global workplace. The person who wields power wields influence. To be a successful influencer, you must have both substance and style. In this lesson, you will learn the key traits of a powerful influencer and 5 simple steps to grow your influence.
12. Body Language – Did you know that our bodies speak louder than our words? Body language training can help you identify hidden emotions in others and even make you feel more powerful, attractive, and charismatic. In this lesson, you will learn the fundamentals of body language, including how to use it in your daily life, the most common gestures you’ll encounter, body language rules, and more!
1. Learn a present moment meditation and how to lead a group meditation to instantly become more present.
2. 14 steps to develop a powerful executive presence.
3. How to create a strong personal brand statement and steps to develop your own unique personal brand.
4. Exact steps to give your LinkedIn Profile a makeover.
5. Tips to increase your workplace presence.
6. Strategies to strengthen your professional courage.
7. Ways to improve your professional appearance.
8. Implementing your professional values in the workplace.
9. How to influence by creating an emotional relationship.
10. Learn 10 key influencing skills.
11. Discover your influencing style.
12. Learn how to use body language to get what you want in life and at work.
1. Go through the Study Guide and Distance Learning lessons first and make notes.
2. Identify the key relationships that need to be managed to ensure project success.
3. Schedule a meeting for the participants to meet and discuss the workshop within 30 days.
4. Identify current executive presence within your organization.
5. Participate in group meditation exercise.
6. Create your individual brand statements.
7. Give your LinkedIn Profile a makeover.
8. Participants will review Ted Talks by powerful influencers.
9. Participants will partake in the Feedback: Start, Stop, and Continue Exercise with their team members.
10. Participants will learn how to show courage in front of their fellow team members.
11. Participate the create a Magazine Story exercise to demonstrate influence.
12. Apply the body language techniques revealed in Course Manual 6:12.
Executive presence is a dynamic executive’s combination of personality and character traits. It is the ability to inspire others to be assertive in their roles by demonstrating consistent confidence and clear leadership. Executive presence enables leaders to understand the needs of their team members in relation to the needs of the business.
Many individual characteristics that are necessary for good leadership make up an executive presence. When combined, they create an executive who can be the driving force behind a company. As a result, employees with executive presence skills are frequently in positions of leadership.
Individuals with executive presence are difficult to mistake on a factory floor, a construction site, a corner office, a research lab, or an academic institution. They command attention and motivate and inspire others to follow in their footsteps. They are leaders, to be sure, but they may not even have a title. They are regarded as supremely capable, competent, and confident in any situation that may arise. They represent the answer to the question, “Who’s in charge?”
Some experts believe that gravitas, communications, and appearance are the three most important characteristics that indicate strong executive presence. Other researchers have identified ten characteristics, including interpersonal integrity and the ability to put values into action. Other sources define three overarching themes – character, substance, and style – as well as the components that comprise each, such as character, wisdom, and assertiveness.
It all comes down to first impressions:
• Are you trustworthy?
• Do you exude confidence?
• Do you elicit trust?
• Do you exude sincerity?
• Do you show any concern?
• Do you discuss where you fell short and what you learned as a result?
• Do you involve your coworkers and motivate them to effect change?
• Do you have the right appearance?
Executive presence training assists you in identifying and honing your unique skills and talents so that when the opportunity to speak up and influence others arises, everyone pays attention.
According to Sylvia Ann Hewlett, author of Executive Presence: The Missing Link Between Merit and Success, “(Executive presence is) about what you signal about your readiness for the next big chance.” Who wouldn’t want a chance at the next big thing?
Assume you want the next big opportunity, but something is preventing you from taking it. Is it apprehension about public speaking? Do you exude skepticism about your abilities? Do you have great ideas but find it difficult to persuade others to share your vision?
When you have executive presence, it is easier for others to see, hear, and feel the value you can bring to your organization, company, or institution. You exude confidence and credibility, and you are a compelling speaker who can articulate and demonstrate a deep understanding of your expertise in an authentic and engaging manner. On top of that, you motivate others to share your vision.
This powerful executive presence training will help you better understand your unique skills, tap those talents more effectively, and supplement them with strategies and tips that will help you become the leader you’ve always wanted to be.
In the Executive Presence Workshop, you will learn what the essence of presence is, learn how to develop your executive presence in and out of the workplace, as well as your online presence. You will get access to powerful strategies to makeover your LinkedIn profile. You will clarify your professional values and learn how to level up your professional courage and appearance. You will discover what influence is and how you can grow yours. And finally, you will learn how to use body language to get what you desire both personally and professionally.
As a leader, we are constantly scrutinized by others. Executive presence practice allows you to shape the professional environment around you. You have the opportunity to lead with executive presence and build effective and respectful relationships with others no matter where you work. One of the most important building blocks for new opportunities for you as an executive is executive presence.